believing1

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

fav verses

words of truth
John 3:30- my life verse
He must become greater; I must become less.
col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God
2 tim 2:22 And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others.
rom 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.
rom 13:1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
Eph 2:8-9 8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast
Mat 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
Mat 10:39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it
mat 4:4 4 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.
john 4:34 "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work
john 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
phil 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
1 tim 6:6 6But godliness with contentment is great gain.
2 tim 2:16 Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly
heb 4:12 12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Heb 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
James 1:22-25 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror 24and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.
proverbs 18:10 10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.
proverbs 21:1-2 1 The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD; he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases. 2 All a man's ways seem right to him, but the LORD weighs the heart.
psalms 126:5-6 Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. 6 He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him. (no wonder why I have a song to sing)
josh 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful
psalms 84:5Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. (my mission verse)
Jeremiah 31:33"This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people
Jeremiah 32:39I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me for their own good and the good of their children after them.
2 chronicles 7:14if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home